Job Title: Quality Inspector
Reports To: Quality Control Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Direct Reports: No
Responsible for ensuring all in-process inspection activities consistently deliver customer products that conform in all aspects to the specified company requirements, from raw materials and components, through First Piece Inspection, In-Process Inspection, and Final Inspection by various duties in a fast-paced environment. Completes measurements and inspections to support validation activities. CMM and/or Micro-Vu experience preferred.
- Performs In-Process, First Piece and Final Inspections with measurement equipment to assure full compliance with customer’s specifications.
- Completes inspection reports.
- Determines acceptance or rejection of product working from drawings, customer documentation, and/or established work instructions.
- Reviews supplier certifications for material and components to assure that they are in full compliance with customer’s specifications.
- Evaluates and assists with data collection for nonconforming materials.
- Executes Measurement System Analysis (e.g. Gauge R & R measurement capability studies) in accordance with established standards.
- Works independently with minimal supervision.
- Works with Quality, Engineering and Manufacturing team members to gather information and resolve issues.
- Ensures that quality policies and procedures are understood and followed.
- Maintains compliance with training requirements.
- Other duties and special projects as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experience in the use of measuring instruments and gauges (calipers, micrometers, height gages, etc.), measuring devices of a specialized nature (CMM, Micro-Vu), and surface plate layout ability preferred. The inspector will perform detailed inspections of complicated parts.
- Ability to read and understand detailed drawings of plastic and metal components. GD&T competence preferred.
- Must possess considerable focus and visual acuity to enable inspection high grade work within very close tolerances.
- Competent with Word and Excel.
- Able to perform basic math.
- Able to speak and read English proficiently.
- Ability to multitask
- Minimum of 2 years prior experience measuring parts.
- Knowledge of SPC, and/or Minitab is a plus.
- Experience with ISO 13485, ISO 9001, and/or AS9100 is a plus.
- Plastic molding experience is a plus.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret in English. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to solve practical problems and interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Problem Solving (46-100%)
- Making decisions (46-100%)
- Interpreting data (46-100%)
- Organizing (16-45%)
- Reading/Writing (46-100%)
- Evaluating (46-100%)
- Consulting (0-15%)
- Presenting (16-45%)
The work environment characteristics described here are representative to those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Indoor (46-100%)
- High Temperatures (16-45%)
- Low Temperatures (16-45%)
- Loud Noises (16-45%)
- Fumes (16-45%)
- Using oils/chemicals (16-45%)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Standing (46-100%)
- Sitting (46-100%)
- Lifting maximum of 30 lbs. (46-100%)
- Carrying (46-100%)
- Walking (46-100%)
- Driving (0-15%)
- Reaching/pulling/pushing (46-100%)
Beacon MedTech Solutions is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate in our hiring or employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, citizenship, military service, marital status, status with respect to public assistance, sexual orientation or any other protected class as defined by Federal or State law requirements. We comply with all Federal and State laws specific to nondiscrimination.