Job Title: Program Manager
Reports To: Director of Engineering & Technology
FLSA Status: Exempt
Direct Reports: No
Oversees and delegates projects to Project Engineers, as well as managing their own projects. Plans, organizes, and develops plastics molding/assembly projects, requiring multiple engineering disciplines. Responsible for engineering assignments that start from a basic design/idea through to the completion of plans or prototype tests and beginning of production. Acts as project leader and communicates with the tooling, quality, and production teams to relay any issues and ensure all aspects of the project(s) are on track.
- Develops project objectives by reviewing project proposals and plans; conferring with management.
- Determines project responsibilities by identifying project phases and elements; assigning personnel to phases and elements; reviewing bids from contractors.
- Manages Process and Equipment Validation through quality engineering, process engineering and project engineering resources to bring products from print to production.
- Determines project specifications by studying product design, customer requirements, and performance standards; completing technical studies; preparing cost estimates.
- Confirms product performance by designing and conducting tests.
- Determines project schedule by studying project plan and specifications; calculating time requirements; sequencing project elements.
- Maintains project schedule by monitoring project progress; coordinating activities; resolving problems.
- Controls project plan by reviewing design, specifications, and plan and schedule changes; recommending actions.
- Controls project costs by approving expenditures; administering contractor contracts.
- Prepares project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends; recommending actions.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by enforcing procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with federal and state regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements and work conditions, including physical demands, listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Ability to manage multiple projects and initiatives with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to evaluate problems and recommend solutions relating to technical aspects of plastics molding operations
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedural manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Scheduling evaluation/adjustment
- Backorder evaluation/problem solving
- Report preparation
- Understanding of statistical analysis tools and Design of Experiments
- Understanding of tooling for injection molding of thermoplastics and liquid silicone rubber
- Understanding of scientific injection molding principles, RJG Master Molder certification is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field.
- Four years of experience in related field and project planning experience.
- Field management experience is preferred.
- Must be proficient in Word and Excel.
- Experience with SolidWorks and Minitab.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret in English. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis.
Ability to solve practical problems and interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Problem Solving (46-100%)
- Making decisions (46-100%)
- Supervising (46-100%)
- Interpreting data (16-45%)
- Organizing (16-45%)
- Reading/Writing (46-100%)
- Evaluating (46-100%)
- Consulting (46-100%)
- Presenting (16-45%)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Indoor (46-100%)
- Outdoor (0-15%)
- High Temperatures (0-15%)
- Low Temperatures (0-15%)
- Loud Noises (16-45%)
- Fumes (0-15%)
- Using oils/chemicals (0-15%)
- Work in confined space (0-15%)
- Standing (46-100%)
- Sitting (46-100%)
- Lifting maximum of 30 (0-15%)
- Carrying (0-15%)
- Walking (16-45%)
- Driving (0-15%)
- Climbing stairs (0-15%)
- Reaching/pulling/pushing (0-15%)