Job Title: Mold Maker
Reports To: Tool Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Direct Reports: No
Build skills needed to become a competent journeyman status tool builder by working a long side our experienced skilled team.
- Safely operate and maintain lathe, surface grinders, milling machines, and all other machining equipment in the Beacon MedTech Tool Room.
- Review/interpret drawings to machine a finished piece from raw material.
- Take precise measurements to verify if machined piece meets the print requirements.
- Navigate eDrawings software to view 3D models of assigned tasks.
- Assemble and disassemble molds to evaluate for a quotes or repairs
- Plan and execute the sequence of necessary actions for the completion of a job
- Maintain a safe and clean workstation
- Must be comfortable asking questions when unsure if completing the task in the most efficient way.
- Other duties as directed by supervisor
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements and work conditions, including physical demands, listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Experience working with lathe, surface grinders, milling machines, etc.
- Working knowledge of safety protocols
- Apprenticeship or vocational training preferred
- Knowledge of Tool Steels
- Excellent coordination and mechanical skills
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and safety
- Solid verbal communication skills
- Proficient in math
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to operate overhead crane whenever necessary
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret drawings and work instructions in English. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public.
Ability to solve practical problems and interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Organizing (46-100%)
- Problem Solving (46-100%)
- Interpreting data (46-100%)
- Reading/Writing (46-100%)
- Evaluating (46-100%)
The work environment characteristics described here are representative to those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Indoor (46-100%)
- Loud Noises (25-50%)
- Using oil/chemicals (0-15%)
- Fumes/Graphite Dust/Sand Blasting Media (0-15%)
- Operating Dangerous Equipment (46-100%)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Standing (46-100%)
- Sitting (46-100%)
- Carrying (46-100%)
- Reaching/pulling/pushing (46-100%)
- Lifting maximum of 50 lbs. (46-100%)
Beacon MedTech Solutions is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate in our hiring or employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, citizenship, military service, marital status, status with respect to public assistance, sexual orientation or any other protected class as defined by Federal or State law requirements. We comply with all Federal and State laws specific to nondiscrimination.