Job Title: Mold / Die Setter
Reports To: Molding Operations Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Direct Reports: No
Works in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Operates forklift trucks and various types of injection molding machines. Priorities for mold setting is given by plant manager. Frequently communicates status of mold set ups with supervisor and Molding Supervisor/Manager. Starts jobs using process sheet in job DMR. Requires excellent problem-solving skills and works independently. Knowledge of injection molding machines and auxiliary equipment knowledge is also needed.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Sets up and pulls molds.
- Follow mold tag procedures
- Works to schedule via priorities
- Sets up aux equipment i.e. die heaters, controllers, oil heaters. Maintains equipment and department cleanliness
- Maintain safety in the work area, understands Lock out Tag out Procedures
- Other responsibilities may be assigned, based on department requirements.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Proven ability/experience as die setter
- Mechanical ability, light maintenance
- Working knowledge of diverse high-speed machinery
- Understanding of production procedures
- Adherence to health and safety regulations (uses PPE as required)
- Ability to read SOP’s and work instructions, along with manuals
- Analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Experience with ISO environment
A minimum of a High School diploma; (Or equivalent) technical degree is a plus. Experience as a die setter is also preferred.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret in English. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to solve practical problems and interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Problem Solving (16-45%)
- Making decisions (0-15%)
- Supervising (16-45%)
- Interpreting data (0-15%)
- Organizing (0-15%)
- Reading/Writing (0-15%)
- Evaluating (0-15%)
The work environment characteristics described here are representative to those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals and fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Indoor (16-45%)
- Outdoor (0-15%)
- High Temperatures (0-15%)
- Low Temperatures (0-15%)
- Loud Noises (16-45%)
- Fumes (16-45%)
- Using oils/chemicals (16-45%)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Standing (16-45%)
- Carrying (16-45%)
- Walking (16-45%)
- Driving (0-15%)
- Climbing stairs (0-15%)
- Reaching/pulling/pushing (0-15%)
Beacon MedTech Solutions is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.