Job Title: Facilities Technician
Reports To: Facilites Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Direct Reports: No
Perform repairs and maintenance on all facilities equipment including HVAC, tower, chiller, A/C units etc. In cases where the work required is beyond the technician’s capability, contacting, coordinating, and scheduling of 3rd party contractors is required. Conduct routine maintenance and regular check-ups to ensure that everything is always working properly. Maintain all relative documentation for repairs and/or maintenance as we are an ISO certified company and will be audited from time to time by ISO certification bodies and/or customers. Required to establish and comply with scheduled maintenance activities in collaboration with the planning department in IQMS, our ERP system of choice. Ensure that the facility’s occupational safety and health standards are met, and the employees follow safety protocols.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage all contract work including snow removal, mowing, asphalt work, and signage.
- Prepare bids for services, maintain cooling towers, chillers, waste-water systems, and hazardous waste disposal.
- Perform general building maintenance duties including basic plumbing and electrical repairs, patching, painting, hardware repairs and other repair/replacement work as required.
- Perform preventive maintenance in conjunction with all building maintenance and/or cleanliness related items.
- Maintain responsibility for all facility maintenance including HVAC equipment, plumbing, clean room HVAC, and minor electrical repairs.
- Purchase supplies, equipment, and materials necessary to complete projects and inventory in CMMS/IQMS.
- Move and/or lift items such as ladders, tools, cable, test equipment and other objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Prepare and equip facility for OSHA and/or ISO audits.
- Respond to emergency call-ins (on scheduled days) during storms or natural disasters that require grounds to be cleared of debris, snow, or ice.
- Assists and serves as back up to other Facilities employees.
- Helps to maintains adequate custodial supply stocks.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to use basic carpentry, plumbing, painting, and custodial hand and electric powered tools.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, with ability to receive and respond to work assignments in both formats.
- Strong command of the English language both spoken and written. Ability to converse in Spanish is a plus.
- Read, comprehend, and work from plans and operating instructions.
- Follow oral and written instructions; maintain cooperative working relationships demonstrate sensitivity to, and respect for a diverse population.
- Demonstrated time management skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Keep computerized records and prepare reports. Access and employ job related computer software (email, work planning, timekeeping) at an effective proficiency level.
- Interacts with various levels of staff, guests, and vendors.
- The physical requirements and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job or may be encountered while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Bending, stooping, squatting, kneeling, balancing, lifting of objects weighing up to 50 lbs. or more when lifting in pairs, occasional pushing/pulling, twisting at waist, strength to grasp hand and power tools. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, sit, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, and reach with hands and arm and to reach above shoulder height, climb up and down ladders or scaffolding or stairs while carrying equipment/supplies, handle various types of power and manual equipment, operate machinery.
- There is some exposure to noise and dust, all types of weather and temperature conditions, exposure to mechanical and electrical hazards. Work and/or walk for long periods of time on various types of flooring surfaces including slippery or uneven surfaces. While performing the duties of this job, the employee can be subject to extremes of temperature while working in mechanical rooms or with equipment outdoors. The employee is regularly exposed to wet or humid conditions. (weather or non-weather) Work schedule is subject to 24-hour emergency callbacks and requires working varying hours, nighttime hours and weekends.
- See in the normal visual range with or without correction; vision sufficient to read computer screens and printed documents.
- Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.
- Full Time
- Work Schedule: 7:00AM – 3:00PM Extra hours may be requested to cover circumstances or special events.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Completion of a private, military or trade school training program.
- Experience with HVAC, electrical, and plumbing equipment.