Job Title: CNC Machinist
Reports To: Secondary Services Manager
FLSA Status: Hourly (Non-Exempt)
Direct Reports: No
The CNC machinist performs detailed setup and programming of different CNC equipment to manufacture parts to print in accordance with the quality management system. The CNC machinist will engage in troubleshooting activity as well as support production runs.
- Safely perform machine setups accurately and efficiently
- Create and document machining processes
- Work with engineering and CAM programming department to develop, and improve CNC programs
- Understanding of Haas/Fanuc “G” and “M” codes
- Design and aid in the fabrication of fixturing for parts of varying complexity
- Working level understanding and interpreting 2D dimensioning/tolerancing
- Advise supervisor and engineering of technical advancements to increase production
- Operate machines to produce production runs of parts
- Train and assist operators in operation of the machine
- Maintain quality standards through understanding of the Quality Management System
- Monitor and document operational and performance issues and provide feedback to supervisor
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with peers, supervisors, and other staff
- Capable of working in a customer-focused, deadline-driven environment while maintaining a positive attitude
- Other duties as directed by supervisor
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements and work conditions, including physical demands, listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution required; post-secondary CNC education preferred.
- 5+ years CNC machine operation
- Experience with other shop equipment (lathes, grinders, milling machines, etc.) a plus
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret drawings and work instructions in English. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public.
Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis.
Ability to solve practical problems and interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Problem Solving (46-100%)
- Interpreting Data (45-100%)
The work environment characteristics described here are representative to those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Indoor (46-100%)
- Loud Noises (0-15%)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Standing (46-100%)
- Lifting maximum of 30 lbs. (45-100%)